First , LED is like all electronic parts , in the process of using or operating will produce heat and temperature rise phenomenon , if you ignore the heat problem , will lead to LED burnt early results due to high temperatures . Secondly , only 20% of the conversion rate of high-power LED lamps will be converted into light , and the remaining 80% will be converted into heat . If the heat cannot be led out of the lamps , it will not be able to reach the declared 50 , 000-hour life of the LED light source . Affect the LED luminous efficiency , resulting in serious light failure and damage to the lamp . Third , due to the development of high-power LED technology , LED lamps face the rigorous challenges of thermal management and thermal design , because the increase in temperature will not only cause a decrease in brightness , but also accelerate the lamp body and packaging materials when the temperature exceeds 100 degrees Celsius . The deterioration . Therefore , in addition to the heat dissipation technology of the LED package itself , the thermal and thermal design of the LED lamp is the key to maintaining the lamp life . Fourth , the United States CREE issued by the LED life report , the temperature will drop 10 °Cs , life will be extended 2 times and luminous flux increased by 3% to 8% .Therefore, LED heatsink is required.